HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We, or vendors providing services on our behalf (e.g., companies that help us process credit card payments), may collect information about you such as your name, your contact information, your shipping information, your billing information (such as credit card account data that our service providers collect), and information about how you engage with our websites, stores, and other offerings that are part of the Phoebe Jon Services.
We collect this information when you provide it to us through your use of the Phoebe Jon Services, for example, when you visit our website, place an order, sign up to receive emails or text information from us, attend an event in store, or choose to receive other information from us.
We may use cameras in and around our stores for purposes such as fraud detection, theft prevention and security.
We may also automatically collect certain information when you use Phoebe Jon Services. For example, we collect information about the devices you use to connect to our services (such as the IP address of your computer or numeric identifier of your mobile device) and about how you use Phoebe Jon Services (such as what time you visit our websites and what types of content you are interested in). We, and our advertisers and ad servers, may also collect information outside the Phoebe Jon Services to measure the success of our advertising campaigns. We may combine the information we collect with additional information from other third-party sources.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR INFORMATION
We have reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative measures in place to help safeguard the security of the information we collect. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
- Shopify Terms of Service: https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU THAT WE COLLECT
We may use the information that we collect for a variety of purposes, including to provide the Phoebe Jon Services (such as to process and ship your orders); to respond to your inquiries and customer service requests; to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services; to communicate with you about Phoebe Jon’s mission or initiatives; to analyze and improve the Phoebe Jon Services; to protect against fraud and other unlawful activity; for content personalization purposes, including to send you information related to particular merchandise initiatives, and campaigns; for marketing or business intelligence purposes.
If you register for email or if you provide your email address to us, we will send you emails about a variety of topics such as store events, new products, special sales, promotional offers, and employment opportunities. If you are part of an SMS/text messaging campaign or program, you can find information below about your choices with respect to such campaigns or programs. Please also see below for other choices you have regarding how we collect, use, and share the information we collect.
Our website also uses third-party analytics vendors such as Google Analytics. Please click here for more information about how data is collected and processed in connection with the Google Analytics service. We and our third-party vendors or partners use analytics data for a variety of purposes such as to improve the design and content of our websites, to help us learn things like what pages are most attractive to all of our visitors and what promotions visitors like to see, and to gauge the success of our advertising campaigns.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU THAT WE COLLECT
We do not disclose the information we collect to third parties, except as described in this policy:
- To companies that provide services to us or perform functions on our behalf (such as processing credit card payments or taking orders) and have agreed to use your information only for the purposes we request;
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, warrant, or other legal process;
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate to enforce our Terms of Service and other agreements and policies, to protect against fraud or other unlawful activity, or to protect our rights and the rights of third parties;
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, partial or total sale of assets, or other corporate change;
- To perform analytics and other business intelligence purposes on the Phoebe Jon Services; and
- For purposes disclosed at the time we collect the information.
The Phoebe Jon Services or our offerings on social media platforms may include commenting, forums, sharing, or other similar features. Information that you provide using these features may be available to other users or the general public.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU THAT WE COLLECT
There are several ways you can control our use of your information in connection with marketing and promotions, including if you decide you would like to stop hearing from us.
To remove your name from our lists. You can choose to decline communications from us at the point that we request your information. After we have collected your information, you can choose to stop our communications or our service or stop us from sharing your information with other companies for their marketing purposes. To exercise any of these options, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
To stop email communications. If you receive email communications from us and want to opt out of receiving such communications in the future, you can click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the promotional email.
To stop text messages and calls. You can opt-out of receiving text messages or calls to your phone number at any time by (i) for text messages, texting “STOP” in response to any text message you receive from us; and (ii) for calls, requesting opt-out during any call you receive from us or contacting us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below and specifying you want to opt-out of calls. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the phone number used and the specific Phoebe Jon Service associated with the opt-out, and that your opt-out will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
CORRECTING OR UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
With certain of your information–like the information you give us to fulfill an order–you have the option to change or correct your information. If you would like to request changes to the information that you have previously provided to us, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY
We may use the following types of Cookies:
- Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Services. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Services, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Services. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Retargeting/Advertising Cookies. Retargeting/Advertising Cookies collect data about your online activity and identify your interests so that we can provide advertising that we believe is relevant to you. For more information about this, please see the section below titled “Interest-Based Advertisements.”
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your device. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit our website and some of the Services and functionalities may not work.
To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. To find out more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
We may work with third-party advertising companies that collect and use information about your online activities across websites and mobile applications over time, in order to deliver more relevant advertising when you are using the Phoebe Jon Services and elsewhere on the Internet. This practice is known as interest-based advertising. You may visit www.aboutads.info to learn more and to opt out of this type of advertising by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) self-regulatory program. We do not operate or control this site and are not responsible for the opt-out choices available there. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. If you delete, block, or otherwise restrict cookies or use a different computer, mobile device, or Internet browser, you may need to renew your opt-out choice.
PHOEBE JON SERVICES NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN
The Phoebe Jon Services are not intended for the use of individuals under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect information online from individuals under the age of 16.
For purposes of clarity and compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy protection Act (COPPA), our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not intentionally gather personal data from visitors in the United States who are under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will attempt to delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
THIRD PARTIES AND SOCIAL MEDIA HAVE THEIR OWN POLICIES
Our websites may contain links to third-party online properties. Such third parties have their own policies that govern their collection, use, and disclosure of information. We suggest that you read their privacy policies to learn about their practices.
Social media provides tools that many of our customers use and enjoy, and we include links to various social media platforms on our websites. If you interact with these social media tools through our websites, your experience on those social media sites will be governed by the privacy and other policies of those sites. The privacy settings you have chosen on those sites will determine the degree to which your information is made public. We therefore encourage you to choose your privacy settings on those sites accordingly.
Digital Millennium Copyright ACT OF 1998/ “DCMA”
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that electronic material infringes their rights under US copyright law. If you believe, in good faith, that materials posted on the Website violates your copyright, you may send the Website a “Notification of Claimed Infringement” requesting that the materials be removed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The notice must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the work that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work alleged to have been infringed;
- Identification of the specific material alleged to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to allow Phoebe Jon to locate the material;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If Website access to a work that you submitted to Phoebe Jon is disabled or the work is removed as a result of a DMCA Notice and if you believe that the disabled access or removal is the result of mistake or misidentification, then you may send us a DMCA Counter-Notification to the email address indicated above. Your DMCA Counter-Notification should contain the following information:
- A legend or subject line that says: "DMCA Counter-Notification";
- A description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (please include the URL of the Website from which the material was removed or access to it disabled);
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- Your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and the username of your account;
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or, if the address is located outside the U.S.A., to the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided DMCA notification to us or an agent of such person; and
- Your physical signature or, if sent within an email (rather than in a physical document or a digital document attached to an email), your name typed followed by “//s//”, which will serve as your electronic signature.
Please note that the DMCA provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
If we receive a DMCA Counter-Notification, then we may replace the material that we removed (or stop disabling access to it) in not less than ten (10) and not more than fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the DMCA Counter-Notification. However, we will not do this if we first receive notice at the addresses above that the party who sent us the DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice has filed a lawsuit asking a court for an order restraining the person who provided the material from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Website. You should also be aware that we may forward the DMCA Counter-Notification to the party who sent us the DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS / CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (“CCPA”)
The CCPA provides California residents with certain rights regarding their “personal information” as defined by the CCPA. Currently, Phoebe Jon is not subject to the CCPA and thus these provisions do not apply. If you have questions relating to your rights under the CCPA please see the California Consumer Protection Act. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
98 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114